Life plays dirty

March 17th, 2009

“When it rains it pours.” A similar truth played out in Williamsburg over spring break, raining for going on six days and still a little chilly. And in my life, … oh man. I won’t get into it, but let me tell you it’s a doozy. I will have lots of stories to tell when this part is over.

I’m not going to graduate school next year, alas and alack, so I’ll enter the workforce, or perhaps become a late entry into the WM Comparative History MA program. We’ll see.

And the thesis is lagging behind. I just can’t keep my eyes open after working for 14 straight hours. The thesis is on the list, however, and I fully intend on finishing the sucker in a timely fashion – at the very least I need to get something done by the end of the week to send to my advisor who’s probably wondering what happened to my energy from last semester. I’ve done some work on it – got revisions, sewed up Chapter Four (but it needs work) and gathered together the stuff to put into Chapter Five (which needs to be written). Chapter Seven has always been floating in my brain, but I’ve effectively stayed away from writing the conclusion before the rest of the paper.

I should have bought a drink with caffeine…

And, Life – please stop kicking me. It’s starting to hurt.

*Gah! So confusing!*